September 30, 2007

Wordpress: My first brush ....not my last


Wordpress
and Back...


So i decided that i move from here and to go to Wordpress and maintain both blogs ,let me mention this that Wordpress is a highly evolved site and is not meant for mortals like me, it gave me a serious dose of complex.......my blogging life is not even a month old..but i wanted to move away from here....

On saying that, Wordpress a very well laid out site with every thing that a blogger would need..while going through the site i saw things which are not here ..and that impressed me, but the site is too complicated for me, folks at Wordpress may say...don't come here if you don't want to , we are happy as we are and we are the best...well you are in some ways... and in some ways you are not.

It took me four days of contemplation ,thinking should i do it or not.....should i go or not.... and then finally i went and i got my self an account...

I am no guru in software and i don't understand head or tail of codes,html, xhtml or xml ,but i want to write,in saying so i also want all the strappings of Wordpress in here...it was the complication which made me think that Blogger was good for the time being...


Reason for going to Wordpress...

Google is becoming like Microsoft a corporation with hands into every thing it reads you watches you..and that worries me...Wordpress is new and i read a lot about it..so i wanted to start blogging there...i did my research , read tons of comments from blogger's ....however i did not realize that it was going to be a tough nut for a person like me who just knows how to use a computer in the simple sense....

I have to evolve to go there ...i mean i have to grow a vee more big...i wish that all that is there ......was here also...

I am not going to criticize which one is good or bad, what i am looking or every one is looking at ease of use.....

I think Wordpress should have two sections for every one who joins.

  • New joiners to use ready made stuff with easy to addon's and delete what they want..same on the lines of Blogger.

  • For advanced users who know what they are doing and don't get lost in the maze.,should go one step further and use the current version at the worpress.com.

  • both should be kept free

I am using blogger with ease,I had to spend 10 min in understanding whats what and then i started...

In the end Wordpress is where i want to end up ...not now, but later till that time i will work on my evolving........and Blogger is a very good platform for people who want to start writing a Blog...






No comments: